1-1st International exhibition & Conference on AYUSH & Wellness Sector Begun in New Delhi
The first International exhibition and Conference on AYUSH and Wellness sector– AROGYA 2017- held in New Delhi- under the theme ‘Enhancing the global potential of Ayush’.
- AYUSH-Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy.
- AYUSH Minister- Shripad Yesso Naik.
2-Deepika Kumari Wins Bronze at Indoor Archery World Cup
Deepika Kumari- won bronze medal at the Indoor Archery World Cup Stage 2- in Bangkok, Thailand, Defeated- Sayana Tsyrempilova of Russia.
- Thailand Capital-Bangkok, Currency- Thai baht.
3-South Korea, US Launch Largest Air Exercise
South Korea and the United States launched their largest-ever joint aerial drills. The annual US-South Korean drill, called Vigilant Ace, will run for 5-days, with six F-22 Raptor stealth fighters to be deployed among the more than 230 aircraft taking part.
Around 12,000 US service members, including from the Marines and Navy, have joined South Korean troops.
South Korea and the United States- launched their largest-ever joint aerial drills- named Vigilant Ace.
4-Indian Navy Day: 4 December
The Indian Navy Day is observed on 4th December every year to celebrate achievements and role of the naval force to the country.
During the India-Pakistan war of 1971, the Indian Navy played a significant role in the bombing of the Karachi harbor and sank Pakistan Naval Ship PNS Ghazi.
- Admiral Sunil Lanba-Chief of Naval Staff (CNS).
- On 22 April 1958 V Adm RD Katari assumed office as the first Indian Chief of the Naval Staff.
5-First Sikh Woman Elected as Mayor in the US
Preet Didbal has been elected as the mayor of Yuba city in California, becoming the first Sikh woman to hold the position in the United States.
Ms. Didbal was appointed by the California city council and will be sworn in on December 5. However, Ms. Didbal is the first Sikh woman to be elected as mayor in the country.
- USA President– Donald Trumph (45th), Capital- Washington DC.
6-HDFC Bank’s Aditya Puri Only Indian on Fortune’s Businessperson of the Year Top 20 List
Aditya Puri, the Managing Director of HDFC Bank, is the only Indian on Fortune’s ‘Businessperson of the Year’ list. The Businessperson of the Year list is an annual ranking of world’s top 20 heads of companies.
At the 18th position, Aditya Puri is the only head of an Indian company on the list.
Top 5 Businesspersons in the list are-
- Nvidia’s Mr. Jensen Huang,
- Global heavyweight’s Jamie Dimon,
- Salesforce’s Marc Benioff,
- Amazon’s Mr. Jeff Bezos, and
- Ulta Beauty’s Ms. Mary Dillion.
Aditya Puri, (Managing Director of HDFC Bank)- only Indian on Fortune’s ‘Businessperson of the Year’ list- topped by Nvidia’s Mr. Jensen Huang.
- HDFC Bank-India’s largest private bank by market capitalization
- Reserve Bank of India labeled HDFC Bank as ‘domestic systematically important bank’—in other words, ‘too big to fail’.
- Puri has been the Managing Director of HDFC Bank since its inception in 1994.